Monday 30 May 2011

Daily Menu Revamping

I've been having so many troubles lately on Weight Watchers. I find myself soo hungry sometimes I would eat anything in sight! I've been trying to follow the Good Health Guidelines (GHG) this week more, and trying to figure out actual serving sizes and I've started to measure everything! Probably something I should have done the first week I started, buuut I didn't.. Now going onto week 3 this is where I'm at.

1. Fruits, vegetables and leafy greens
Serving sizes are 1 cup for leafy greens and 1/2 cup for all other vegetables and fruits. The lettuce alone in a large salad may well count for 2 or more vegetable servings. The default portion for most fruits and vegetables in the Plan Manager is one cup.

2. Packaged whole grains
Use the nutrition label to determine the serving size of packaged whole grain foods.

3. Milk and dairy
If you are more than 50 years old or are a teenager or a nursing mom, increase milk servings to three each day. Examples of one milk serving include 1 cup of milk or yogurt or 1.5oz of many cheeses.

4. Healthy oils
Having 2 teaspoons of healthy oil each day ensures that you get the vitamin E and essential fatty acids that your body needs. Use the oil on salads, in cooking or as an ingredient in a mixed dish. Two teaspoons of oil is not even 1 tablespoon, so be careful to measure, since each additional teaspoon counts as another PointsPlus value of 1.

5. Lean meat and fish
A serving of lean meat or fish is generally 3 to 4 ounces, about the size of a deck of cards.

6. Water Six 8-ounce glasses of water is just 3 standard 16-ounce bottles.

So.. My problem isn't actually fruit and veggies, or whole grains or lean meats and fish. Its dairy and oils.

Dairy:
If 1 cup of yogurt or milk is one serving.. and I eat 1/3 cup of yogurt each day, plus about 1/3 of a cup in my oatmeal every morning, I still need one more 1/3 cup of milk.
I measured today and 3 slices of cheese is 1.5 ounces so I've made sure to include that in my daily menu.

Oils:
I've added 1 tsp oil to my salad at lunch, and had it with salt and pepper and feta cheese. It was actually super yummy!
My other tsp will be in my stirfried vegetables at supper.

Here is my Daily Menu for May 30, 2011
Breakfast: Oatmeal with 1/3 cup milk, 1/2 cup blueberries, Coffee with 1 tbsp Hazelnut Flavour
Snack: 1/3 cup drinkable yogurt, 1 mandarin orange
Lunch: 2 cups Romaine lettuce with 1 tsp oil and salt&pepper sprinkled with 1 tbsp feta cheese, 1/2 of a multigrain bagel with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
Snack: 1.5 ounces Cheese, 3 crackers, 1/2 cup cucumbers, 10 almonds
Dinner: Asian Sesame Chicken (1 breast), 1/2 cup Rice, 1 cup Stirfry Vegetables, 1/3 cup milk
Activity: Bike Ride 30mins

No comments:

Post a Comment